Strong Swiss delegation at Gamescom17.08.2016 16:41
From today to Sunday, the main event for video games in Europe, gamescom, will take place in Cologne. 21 games and technologies represent Switzerland.
The signs for a successful gamescom 2016 couldn't be better: The organisers are counting on new record results in terms of both the number of exhibitors and the level of internationality. More than 800 companies from the computer and video games industry will present their new products in Cologne from 17 August onwards. With exhibitors from around 50 countries, gamescom 2016 is already more international than ever before. Around 500,000 visitors are awaited in Cologne during the gamescom week.
The #SwissGames Booth presents a selection of 21 games and technologies developed by 10 independent studios and start-ups as well as 3 major art and design universities. 4 of these studios are also showcased at the Indie Arena Booth, alongside 3 additional Swiss Indie developers.
This selection reflects the diversity of this developing industry in Switzerland. It includes games with innovative design and gameplays for every platform, interactive movies, Virtual Reality experiences and groundbreaking technologies.
Tomorrow at 17:00, #SwissGames will host an apero with a tournament on AirConsole, the online gaming platform that turns browsers into video game consoles and smartphones into gamepads. The game chosen for the tournament is The Neighborhood, DNA Studios’ latest title.
Studios and Projects presented at Gamescom 2016:
- N-Dream with AirConsole
- Blindflug Studios with Airheart presented both at the Indie Arena Booth and #SwissGames Booth
- CTRL Movie with Late Shift
- Dacuda with vaiaVR
- David Canela with Modsork presented at Indie Arena Booth
- Heartquake Studios with World Never End
- Micha Stettler with Nimbatus
- Mr. Whale’s Game Service with FAR and Schlicht presented both at the Indie Arena Booth and #SwissGames Booth
- Zarkonnen with Airships: Conquer the Skies presented at Indie Arena Booth
- Team Niche with Niche a genetics survival game presented both at the Indie Arena Booth and #SwissGames Booth
- Tourmaline Studio with Oniri Island presented at Indie Arena Booth
- Team KwaKwa with Splash Blast Panic presented both at the Indie Arena Booth and #SwissGames Booth
- Struckd with its eponym application to build games
School projects at the #SwissGames Booth:
- Meko by Benjamin Botros
- Moon River by Guillaume Cerdeira
- Darklight by Sarah Bourquin, Jessica Friedling, Eun-Sun Lee, Valérie Pierrehumbert
- Oniland by Saskia Vellas
- The Last Road Trip by Louise Daubin, Matthias Hangartner,Eloise Marcé, Juliette Rechatin,and Bastien Seon
- Vivarium by Jérémy Morel and Camille Rattoni
Zurich University of the Arts:
- Meantime by Sonja Böckler and Michael Müller
- Monocular by Helen Galliker
- Organism by Marco Bach, Tunay Bora and Florin Gasser
- Watcher by Julie Baechtold and Filipe Simonette
#SwissGames Booth: Business Area, Hall 4.1, Stand D22 E21, 17-19 August 2016
Indie Arena Booth: Entertainment Area, Hall 10.1, Stand A20, B21, A31, 17-21 August 2016